Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pains of the Past.

Mo was always falling ill and we really couldn’t say what was going wrong with her. Her father decided to take her to U.K. for an intensive check-up. We later found out Mo was SS. How can that be possible? Her dad is AA and I am AS. Well, Mo’s dad was curious because he is AA. We all did some blood test and DNA test…
16 years ago when I was in London shopping for my wedding, I saw someone that I had lost contacts with all this years. It was Robert my Ex-boyfriend, I was so elated to see him and he was also elated to see me. We chatted for a while and exchanged numbers. I told him I was shopping for my wedding and I hope he will come. As Robert was leaving I felt some part of me was leaving too, I couldn’t fathom what was happening but I could tell I wanted to go with Robert.
Robert was my first love or rather let me say the first guy I ever slept with, the guy I lost my priceless gift to. He was my one and only and I was also his one and only then. I met Robert when I was doing my registration in the university and he didn’t know how to do his registration.  So I helped him out and that was how we became friends. We became so close that we started sleeping at each other’s apartment, we go to school together and we go almost everywhere together.
The turning point in our relationship started when we found out that we were both AS, we decided to end the relationship because we didn’t want to have children that will be going through pain and all. It wasn’t easy at first but we later got use to the separation.
Before I left the bridal store where I saw Robert, I called him. I told him I wanted us to have a drink and chat since we have not seen for some years now. We later met at a bar and we drank and chat till we were drunk, we were so cheerful together. I told him how I met my fiancé and how he proposed. Robert told me he has not moved on since our split, ‘It is not easy finding a girl like you, sweetheart. No one can ever fill your space in my heart.’ That night was the best night of our lives; we later went to Robert’s hotel. He held my hand and told me Sweetheart, I will always love you.’ Those words made me emotional; Robert is very romantic, the kind of guy every woman would want as a husband but circumstances did not allow it to happen for us. I told Rob, I will always love him too. We kissed and before we knew it, we were having sex. I didn’t feel guilty that I was cheating on my fiancé; all I wanted at that moment was to make Robert and myself happy.
After the hot sex, we laughed about it and promised we won’t see each other again and that we would not look for each other. As I was walking to my hotel, I felt guilty about what I just did. I said to myself ‘Don’t feel bad, you are not going to do it again. Be happy woman, you are getting married in 3days time. Everybody has that one little secret. At least you don’t know what your fiancé is doing at the moment. Be happy.’
I deleted Robert’s number and tried not to remember what just happened. I got married to my lovely husband; we had our honeymoon in a very beautiful country. All the memories of Robert has been wiped away, my husband was far better than Robert. He is very caring and romantic. We now have 3 lovely children. I named my last child Rob, because he reminded me so much of Robert.
I saw the other side of my husband after DNA result came out and we found out he was not the father of Mo. I have not cheated on him. How will he not be the father of Mo. I started doing calculations and it dawned on me that the fling I had with Robert before my wedding was the production of Mo. I couldn’t tell my husband what I just found out but I summoned the courage to tell him. He couldn’t believe it and he left the house that day. I could not tell anyone what had happened, I tried calling my husband but all his phones were off. He finally called and said he wanted a divorce. I begged him to please consider our children; he said all he wanted was a divorce.
After two weeks, I got a letter from my husband he had already filed for divorce. I called my mum and told her all that happened. She got me a lawyer to fight for the custody of my two children. I got the custody of my children and my marriage was declared dissolved because of one silly mistake of mine.
I just realized that my foolishness and selfishness have destroyed both my beautiful home and my marriage. I have learnt the hard way, that there's no point sticking to past relationships. We should avoid our Ex(s) at all cost and if in any way we come in contact, we should not stir up old memories or create the atmosphere. The PAST should not in any way affect our FUTURE which of course will become our TODAY.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Post Ruqi. Running away from sm1 u once loved is a pretty hard thing to do u know. Mayb cuz ive been in the same situation, i wld ve freed if were her Husband.. it was a mistake as long as it dsnt continue.. Im happy to continue.. Ive had a Cheating gf.. buh we still dated for 3 more years after i found out.. We shld stop living fairy-tale lives, these things happen.. we shld deal with it.. it hurts, yea buh not enuff to give up on Love. Cheers Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Smokey, yea it is not easy giving up on love but if you know you love your ex i feel you shld leave a gap cos we are humans and how we respond to things are different...
    When one is married or about to marry it is a different thing entirely...
    It sure does hurt..Cheers.;)

    ReplyDelete